The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Italy Curta Service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoMan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Italy Curta Service Reply with quote

hello curta BB members and visitors!

I would like to inform you that you can find professional curta service in italy
I clean, service and repair curtas
Please visit my website if you need more information:
http://www.curtaservice.it

or contact me: info@curtaservice.it
aterren

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is part 1 - Initial Impressions
I sent 3 Curtas to Italy. One was a demo unit with missing / damaged parts, a second was a basic type 2 needing cleaning, and the third was a real disaster with a jammed carriage, bent carry levers, and a broken main shaft. Others told me it was not worth repairing.

Let me say that based on a brief inspection, the work seems to be of the highest quality. I am thoroughly impressed.

In addition the costs were quite fair as was timing. Communication throughout the process was always clear. The end to end process took ~5 weeks including shipping.

I would not hesitate to send my next Curta to Romano. Part 2 will contain pictures.
Pete

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aterren, thank you for this. Much appreciated.
racarter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Curta Service Italy Reply with quote

I highly recommend Romano's service. Last year I sent my first Curta Model I there. It was in excellent condition visually but had some operational problems. Romano repaired and cleaned the Curta with a turnaround time of less than a week, and I was really pleased with the result.

Recently I bought a Model II at auction, again in excellent condition but operation was stiff because someone had tried to oil it. Off it went to Romano, and it came back yesterday working perfectly.

Romano's charges are reasonable given the time it must take to disassemble, clean and reassemble 600 parts, and he keeps you updated at every stage.

Any future Curtas I purchase will certainly be travelling to Italy for refurbishment.
aterren

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can also recommend Romano's services. See the photos I posted and notes on this thread:

http://curta.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=428
davhamm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Suggestions? Reply with quote

Well the first Curta I bought, occasionally would catch doing a tens carry test. This time it just caught and wont let go. So Its time to ship it off to Italy I guess.

Some questions, for those from the States,
what was the best way to ship?
Did you send it in its can or just the curta?
I have 2 others, which seem to work perfectly, but wondering if I would be better off sending all 3 in?

Anyone have any idea what the cost is for a cleaning? and how did you pay?

Thanks
Dave
JPC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: ICS Repair/Servcing by Romano Reply with quote

I just wanted to say that I have recently used Romano in Italy to service and repair a curta. He was very easy to deal with indeed. He gave a very clear quote, explaining clearly what needed to be done. He replied quickly to emails and kept me posted on his progress too. He was a pleasure to deal with and my husband now has a beautiful, fully working curta as a birthday gift!
zxdavb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Curta type 1 and type 2; I'd had them for over ten years, and they were definitely due for a service. Actually, I was very worried about the type 2, as it had completely jammed up!

However Romano said he'd be willing to take them on for service/repair.

He provided a reasonable quote, kept me up to date via frequent emails, and returned my Curtas safely-packaged and tracked. Most importantly, they look great, and feel fantastic when I use them!

I am very impressed with his service, and I feel the price I paid is reasonable given the time, effort & expertise involved. I am happy to recommend him to anyone needing to have their Curtas serviced.
bcarter1234

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Another satisfied client Reply with quote

I bought 503937 on ebay, the one with the visibly bent mainshaft. I was able to straighten the mainshaft easily, do some basic cleaning and take it apart far enough to see it had two broken tens carry springs.

I contacted Romano and shipped the Curta to him via FedEx on a Friday afternoon the 10th. On Monday morning I woke to an email confirming it's safe arrival. He contacted me on Wednesday with a summary of the recommended service. The Curta was ready to ship back to me Monday the 27th but I replied too late so it shipped on Tuesday the 28th and arrived on Thursday the 30th. It is fabulous. I can't praise his work too highly.

Take care,

Brent

Brent
Pete

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a guy who has a few of these machines it is always very comforting to hear of Romano's continued success in maintenance/repair; I know when mine need service he'll be able to help! And happy to read your story of restoring a broken machine to full working order, great
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Services All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: