The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OLDEST known for sale?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davhamm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 am    Post subject: OLDEST known for sale? Reply with quote

That's the claim.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Type-1-Curta-Calculator-One-Of-The-Oldest-Known-In-Existence-Serial-3672/152977843762
murff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several known Curtas Type I with lower numbers than 3672

The claim "One Of The Oldest Known In Existence" is not wrong - but the asking US $3500 (Reserve not met) is totally overpriced (even with the reference to Jack Christensen...)

By the way - my 3423 is much closer to the description "Very Fine" than the offered one - so my estimation for the offered 3672 would be US $1700 to 2000.
davhamm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have had this discussion recently, I think your pricing on these is out of line with Ebay sales.

Looks like seller has corrected his description to know say one of the oldest. I just read the description, and I think it is an accurate description, I would call yours Excellent to mint condition. $3500 is on the high end but will probably get a bid, I don't think he will get $4700 BIN price. I think If you were to put yours up for sale with a BIN of $4700 it would sell.

Anyhow, I didn't think this was the lowest one, but am not nearly as knowledgeable of whats out there as you.

Will be a good one to watch. Interesting to hear Jack is still around, I sent 2 to Italy because I could not get a hold of Jack. Wonder if he is getting the business started again or was this a one last hurrah.
usarose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davhamm - I removed the listing after I reduced the price to $3000 - the error I had was that I had a reserve on it and the reserve feature cost me $100 per insertion - whereas a buy it now price would have achieved the same thing. eBay was kind enough to refund most of the charges because they assisted me with the listing initially.
The reference I made and still stand by is “ONE of the oldest CURTA’s in existence”. I never edited that maybe after your first look you assumed I was making that claim - I watch the owners registery and its still in the top 15 (when I last looked - I must add.)
Lots of CURTA’s being listed of late so I am contemplating relisting at a “Buy it now” at $3000.

Regards to all.
davhamm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usarose wrote:
davhamm - I removed the listing after I reduced the price to $3000 - the error I had was that I had a reserve on it and the reserve feature cost me $100 per insertion - whereas a buy it now price would have achieved the same thing. eBay was kind enough to refund most of the charges because they assisted me with the listing initially.
The reference I made and still stand by is “ONE of the oldest CURTA’s in existence”. I never edited that maybe after your first look you assumed I was making that claim - I watch the owners registery and its still in the top 15 (when I last looked - I must add.)
Lots of CURTA’s being listed of late so I am contemplating relisting at a “Buy it now” at $3000.

Regards to all.

If you want to keep fee's low and Sale price high, list with a High sale price that is say 30 - 40% higher than what you want, but then also accept offers. Unlikely anyone will do the BIN but you might be surprised at what some offer. And you can always decline the offer. You can even set up auto declines below a certain value.
usarose

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davhamm wrote:
usarose wrote:

Regards to all.

If you want to keep fee's low and Sale price high, list with a High sale price that is say 30 - 40% higher than what you want, but then also accept offers. Unlikely anyone will do the BIN but you might be surprised at what some offer. And you can always decline the offer. You can even set up auto declines below a certain value.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: