The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is a nice CURTA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
murff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: This is a nice CURTA Reply with quote

This is a nice CURTA

[ Curta Type I - April 1951 ]

Before, this CURTA was no more working - with a lot of unusual issues. No idea how to use a Curta to reach such a state.

Here's the list of repairs I made:

1) The knock-out pin of the main shaft was sheared of - on both sides. It was possible to turn the crank without having the default (start) position.
Instead of removing the broken one I punched-in a replacement pin so the old one was removed in the same step (I have not the fitting tool, so I had this idea).
Part used 10.148 knock-out pin for main shaft / zero pos. disc

2) The clearing plate (10.244) was not working / blocked.
The nut was inside the clearing plate, loosed from the screw and has blocked the clearing lever.
The spider spring was slightly bent but not destroyed.

So, simply screwed back the nut on its place.

3) The clearing plate plunger 10.024 was bent so it was not free moving and get jammed sporadically.

Replaced the clearing plate plunger 10.024

4) The ten-carry lever 10.005 of the result dial (5th digit) was not working the right way and blocked the operation (rotation).
The ten-carry lever was bent and also the ten-carry lever spring.
Replaced the spring 10.007 and tuned the lever to the right shape (angle).

(another ten-carry lever spring was bent because I got stuck on this...).

5) Finally, a general cleaning and lubrication

This is a nice CURTA

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: