The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seeking Type II container

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rosetwig

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Seeking Type II container Reply with quote

I'm the proud new owner of a Type II (s/n 530503, circa 1957), but sadly, it has lost its container over the course of time. If anyone out there in Curta-land has a spare Type II container (yes, I know, unlikely in the extreme), please respond on this post. Also, if anyone knows anything about the exact specs for the Type II container (ideally, with CAD type files), please contact me as well. Finally, if anyone knows of people who are fabricating replacements, that would be good to know as well. I've seen lathe-turned wooden facsimile containers, but only for the Type I.

Many thanks,
Laurance
murff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a look:

3d printed case

otherwise almost impossible to find an original canister ... (may be offered on eBay once a year)
rosetwig

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Seeking Type II container Reply with quote

Thanks, murff, looks good. It costs out to about $150 from an online 3d printing shop, so I'm thinking about it. Many thanks for the suggestion.
rq3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Seeking Type II container Reply with quote

[quote="rosetwig"]Thanks, murff, looks good. It costs out to about $150 from an online 3d printing shop, so I'm thinking about it. Many thanks for the suggestion.[/quote]

Rosetwig, I printed one of those, and it didn't fit my Type II. So I scaled the file larger by 5%, and I'm printing one now. If it works, it's yours for whatever you think it is worth, because otherwise it's just scrap plastic to me. The one that didn't fit (the original 3D print), looked pretty cool and had a nice feel to it, but does not include an "O" ring or anything fancy like that.

At least it will keep your Curta protected and out of the dust.

I just need a shipping address.

Regards,
Rip Quinby
murff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and I will send you a white O-ring Exclamation

(send a PM)
rosetwig

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rip, thanks for your kind offer, but my parts came on 10/28 and they fit just fine, so I'm no longer in the market.
mk1-mark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm another Curta virgin who has just bought his first Type II without a case. If anyone who can point me in the direction of one that could be available it would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Mark F
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: