The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanted old service manuals , old tools , V old Type I curtas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Troy Eagan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:57 am    Post subject: Wanted old service manuals , old tools , V old Type I curtas Reply with quote

Looking for old service manuals , old tools.
Also Curta’s Type I of first year production.
Collected items will Put on public display.
murff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted old service manuals , old tools , V old Type I cu Reply with quote

Quote:
... Also Curta's Type I of first year production. Collected items will Put on public display.

Do you plan a web publication or will it be a local (museum-like) exhibition?

And, why do you limit future collecting to the first year of production (even if this is not exactly defined, because the production numbers of the first five years cannot be exactly assigned...)?
These early Curtas are very rare to find on the market!
Troy Eagan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject: Answer : Smithsonian Reply with quote

Great questions ,
* I haven't spoken YET to The Smithsonian but once I feel I have collected some items of interest then I’L Contact a curator and make the arrangements. I will ask them what they DON’T have and see IF I can acquire the needed Items for them. My Father gave me the Curta that sat on his desk for 50 years and did nothing. I don’t want that my Curta do nothing and so I am purchasing Items and will donate them in my fathers name (so they can do something) I asked my family for My Fathers Curta and it has not been given to me.
* My Father was a great man and saved my life and so I donate a Smithsonian Quality Curta in his memory.
* You have a point : Why 1 st year production ? Well, The Smithsonian may not want just any Curta ? I have one I just purchased its close to mint but not minty (Joke) not sure If they will accept it. It is a Type I Serial no. 42811. I work in Saudi and a dear friend bought it for me. So I’m looking for very rare. My Father was very rare.
Troy Eagan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* Not kidding around !
Hope to be in USA soon.

* New 2021 algorithms manual is expensive
on Ebay ! $ 56 , Good LORD !
murff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Eagan wrote:

* New 2021 algorithms manual is expensive
on Ebay ! $ 56 , Good LORD !

The Curta Handbook 2021 edition is a non-commercial publication created with a lot of dedication, knowledge and enthusiasm. From this point of view, these manuals are priceless. They also help to prevent the Curta from becoming a mere investment object - they show us the genius of these calculating machines!

Buy It Now! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

(original post)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: