The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for Curta #533801

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete42

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject: Looking for Curta #533801 Reply with quote

This is probably a very long shot and may seem a little strange, but I'm looking for a Curta II with exactly the serial number 533801.

It may seem even stranger when I tell you that I actually own it.

But the one I have was likely made after the regular production of Curtas stopped, and the serial number is not one from that time (see this thread). There are so far two other known machines of this type (late Curta II, but with black body), #561556 and #561563.

Since the serial number is not from that time, and since there is no internal serial number, there are two possibilities left:

1. The bottom plate comes from another Curta II that now has a non-matching serial number on the bottom plate compared to the internal serial number, has been lost or scrapped for parts, or
    2. An arbitrary or specifically selected number was engraved at the time of assembly and now there possibly are two totally unrelated Curta II #533801.

In the former case I would be interested in swapping the bottom plates so everything is nice and orderly again. In the second case - well, it's just the way it is, but then I'd know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: