The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patent Poster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opensourcefan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:36 am    Post subject: Patent Poster Reply with quote

I made a thing. It's strictly focused on patent images with a thoughtful layout for visual perusal. Images taken from patents filed from 1947 to 1965. I included all the patent office logos at the bottom to celebrate it's evolution.

If there's enough interest I'll figure out a way to make it available in print form.

36x24
[img]https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/l66mp3tacspntf8a8d8pc/2023-09-20-19.16.15-1-Large.jpg?rlkey=akn0u5g5nx51zm23b573ovfbx&dl=0[/img]

My HTML access is off so the image above may not show inline. Not my fault Smile
Pete42

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! I would like one if it became available. Where are you located - would it be possible to ship to Germany physically?
murff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely put together collage of patent drawings!

Will it be open source (opensourcefan - your name implies)? I would like to have the poster in A1 size with 300 dpi - for printing in the local print shop...

Only point for optimization would be the CURTA lettering - should be a little more precise:-)

Title suggestion: CURTA calculator by Curt Herzstark

Cool

Last edited by murff on Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
opensourcefan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete42 wrote:
Very nice! I would like one if it became available. Where are you located - would it be possible to ship to Germany physically?

Canada, but I have no idea where it will originate from if it comes to that. Germany wouldn't be an issue I don't think.

murff wrote:
Very nicely put together collage of patent drawings!

Will it be open source (opensourcefan - your name implies)? I would like to have the poster in A1 size with 300 dpi - for printing in the local print shop...

Only point for optimization would be the CURTA lettering - should be a little more precise:-)

Title suggestion: CURTA calculator by Curt Herzstark

I don't know about open source also I don't know about supplying digital, might just be actual paper if it happens at all. I'm fairly low on patience.

The curta was a vector scan from an instruction booklet but I can clean it up, maybe. I like the non seriousness of it, keeps the focus on the images.

I won't be changing the title. His name is prominent as the inventor in the center image. It's designed the way I wanted to see it.
opensourcefan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tightened up "CURTA", looks better but less organic. I'll keep it though.

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mkds44hv6m5hgisnu7hk7/Screenshot-2023-09-21-093700.png?rlkey=r1hacwaiv0ryswtemqkbvk0ny&dl=0[/img]
murff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CURTA logo based on the Contina drawing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: