Bookvixen
Joined: 28 Sep 2026 Posts: 2
|
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:31 pm Post subject: For Sale Vintage Curta Type I Mech Calculator 1968 Ser#72341 |
|
|
Vintage Curta Type I Mechanical Calculator - Serial No. 72341 (prime!) 1968) - Complete with Original Case & Manual
Asking $2300 CAD or best serious offer
Here’s the Facebook marketplace ad (with photos)
https://www.facebook.com/share/19Tfs41yA9/?mibextid=wwXIfr
Please note price is in CANADIAN DOLLARS
Vintage Curta Type I Mechanical Calculator - Serial No. 72341 (1968) - Complete with Original Case & Manual
I’m selling my late dad’s beautifully preserved, authentic Curta Type I Mechanical Calculator, Serial Number 72341, manufactured in early 1968 by Contina AG Mauren in Liechtenstein. Notably, serial number 72341 is a mathematical prime number, a highly desired quirk tracked meticulously by specialized collectors on registries like Curta.org. This unit comes complete with its original two-piece storage case and its rare, original green paper manual.
Condition Report:
Mechanical Function: Fully operational. The main hand crank turns cleanly clockwise with crisp mechanical clicks. The vertical sliding entry levers adjust precisely, and the internal tens-carry system functions properly. The top metal clearing ring pulls smoothly outward and sweeps a full 360 degrees to flawlessly reset the top dial windows to zero.
Cosmetic Condition: Excellent vintage condition. The knurled grip rings show sharp texture with no significant flattening. The painted number displays on the cylinder body and the top dial faces are bright, crisp, and fully legible. There is no white chalky aluminum oxidation present. The black plastic cylindrical case functions perfectly with only minor external storage scuffs. The green manual is completely intact with vibrant color, showing typical light edge-creasing from age.
Buyer is responsible for shipping costs
Or, pickup near college and Bathurst Sts in Toronto, Ontario
E-transfer or cash only. |
|