The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Curta in Regularity/TSD rallying + cleaning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Curta in Regularity/TSD rallying + cleaning Reply with quote

Hi all

I am interested in the Curta for use on ragularity sections of road rallies in the UK, I appreciate they are commonly termed TSD in the USA, but was wondering if you can tell me what factors need to be input on the sliders to reflect each speed. As I am in the UK we always work in mph but can't seem to work out what factor is needed at each speed.

I am also trying to obtain a decimal face stopwatch to assist me with using it on my next rally, any clues as to where to get one?

My curta has been sat unboxed in a heavy smokers house (you can smell it on the curta itself), so it is rather grubby! I would like to give it a bit of a clean, what is a safe method of cleaning general dirt off each surface, especially the zero numbers as it has clearly been sat in the reset position the numbers them selves are clear white but the zero's are all dirty?

Any advice appreciated, and I will very shortly register my curta on the list as it has never been registered, along with details on how I acquired it.

Thanks in advance

AJP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: