The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanted- late model type 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Wanted- late model type 1 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'd like to round out the collection with a late-model type 1, with the PLASTIC case, PLASTIC crank and, if possible, plastic clearing ring as well. Condition should be better than fine; ideally I'd like one in "very fine" or "excellent" condition. Just as an idea, ebay says one like this will go for something between $700 and $900 (depending on condition, location, and, apparently from watching ebay, total random luck). No hurry on this; I'll check back in a couple of weeks to see if anything's come in. Just to be clear, I already have an "excellent" early example (thanks Jack!) and do not need another all-metal type 1- the only other type of Curta I would be interested in would be a "very fine+" late type 2.

Just to throw it out there I would be willing to trade my "good" condition late-model type 2 plus cash for a nicer example, if anyone's interested. Mine works fine and looks okay; it's my "desk curta", I just want nicer paint for the display case. And what I mean by "late model type 2" is http://curta.li/02_type2/01_curta2_123.html (link to murff's page, showing a 1969 model, thank you yet again murff).

North American and particularly Canadian offers would be preferred as the duty/tax on these little guys adds 13%, and although it causes me anguish to say so, I don't wish to try to evade this - if I got nabbed, every future overseas purchase would be made more difficult. Thanks for understanding.
Pete

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, I just clicked on that link and it shows a lovely black-body type 2...hit the button at the bottom right to flip to the 1969 version. Sorry (and yet again I'm green with envy over the condition of murff's examples).
murff

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd like to round out the collection with a late-model type 1

I assume that you're searching for a "Curta Parisienne"...
(see pictures 1 to 6)

gruss, murff

PS: and I'm searching for an early type 1 "System Herzstark", with round knobs... in good working order.
kendon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Wanted- late model type 1 Reply with quote

Pete wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to round out the collection with a late-model type 1, with the PLASTIC case, PLASTIC crank and, if possible, plastic clearing ring as well. Condition should be better than fine; ideally I'd like one in "very fine" or "excellent" condition. Just as an idea, ebay says one like this will go for something between $700 and $900 (depending on condition, location, and, apparently from watching ebay, total random luck). No hurry on this; I'll check back in a couple of weeks to see if anything's come in. Just to be clear, I already have an "excellent" early example (thanks Jack!) and do not need another all-metal type 1- the only other type of Curta I would be interested in would be a "very fine+" late type 2.

Just to throw it out there I would be willing to trade my "good" condition late-model type 2 plus cash for a nicer example, if anyone's interested. Mine works fine and looks okay; it's my "desk curta", I just want nicer paint for the display case. And what I mean by "late model type 2" is http://curta.li/02_type2/01_curta2_123.html (link to murff's page, showing a 1969 model, thank you yet again murff).

North American and particularly Canadian offers would be preferred as the duty/tax on these little guys adds 13%, and although it causes me anguish to say so, I don't wish to try to evade this - if I got nabbed, every future overseas purchase would be made more difficult. Thanks for understanding.

I have an excelent type 1 for sale if you are interested I can send pictures
ken
Pete

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken - pm sent, and Murff, yes, right, thanks, and good luck with the round-knob hunt, you might be searching for a while!
troll2739

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Late Curta Type 1 Reply with quote

Pete, PM sent. troll2739
Pete

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Troll", thanks for the offer but I have one now. Actually two!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: