The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Curta Calculator Type 1 ; No. 22084

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bloof

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Curta Calculator Type 1 ; No. 22084 Reply with quote

it's in very good condition except from the ring on the top partially broken off. It has been in it's original container for 40 years with no signs of use, original instructions manual on danish. (the calculator is also in Denmark)

Asking price approx. 800$

Please contact me for pictures.
bloof

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: hmm.. Reply with quote

No interest ??
Pete

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Ebay. The buyer protection is something I feel a lot of people like. I wouldn't buy one from this forum unless I knew the seller, but I've purchased several from Ebay with zero problems.

And US$800 for a 20000-serial Curta with a broken clearing ring might be a bit high (I bought two excellent+ condition machines in the 20000s, each for less than that, in the last six months). If you follow prices you'll see damaged machines go for quite a bit less than clean examples. An original replacement clearing ring (if you can find one and best of British luck to you in this) will cost you upwards of $75 (one sold for this recently IIRC, but the seller had only one). Sending it for cleaning, lubrication, repair if necessary and to have the clearing ring replaced will cost more hundreds of dollars. You might think you could save money by doing this yourself; I would strongly recommend against this. Obviously you'd need the right tools, and of course, the correct original RIVET.

I'd recommend you send a PM to Jack Christensen if you want that machine back to original condition, or to your own Curta repairer. If you're not a collector, though, this will be more expensive than you would like. If you just want to convert it to cash, list it at "Buy it Now" for US$700 on Ebay and see what happens. Betcha someone buys it within three days.

Anyway, best wishes with the sale - someone will buy it, if maybe for $700 rather than $800. I'd be interested myself except I have too many like yours already. Good luck!
bloof

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Okay, i thought this was the place to sell it, but i'll try ebay as i am not a collector at all, just want to turn it into cash.

Thanks for the help Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: