The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Curta Type I with unique literature

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spintech

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Curta Type I with unique literature Reply with quote

I have a Curta (Type I, Serial #71270) for sale with an interesting history and a unique piece of literature.

After WWII my father, who was Chief Engineer at the Simmons Machine Tool Corporation (Albany, NY) traveled to Europe at the behest of the Marshall Plan and his company. Simmons was a leader in building standard and specialized machine tools and had worked 24/7 during the war supplying arsenals around the country with specialized machines as well as manufacturing basic machine tools installed on the Navy’s largest ships. He returned with rebuilding contacts for the company. He also brought back a Curta and an agreement for Simmons to become a distributor in the US for the calculator. He used the Curta regularly along with his slide rule on the job and it was a permanent fixture on his desk. He died in 1953 having never come into the digital age and I inherited his Curta.

I used the Curta in high-school and took it to college only to have it stolen. After a number of years, when I could afford it, I bought a new Curta from The Curta Company in Van Nuys and that is the one for sale. It is in like new condition and has all the original literature including Your CURTA Calculator, Mathematical Handbook, and Computing Examples for the CURTA Calculating Machine (from Contina AG).

Additionally I have an original 12-page sales brochure in English with the Simmons-Curta Business Machines contact information printed on the back.

Email me for further information and images of these items as desired.
spintech

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Forgot the price Reply with quote

I didn't list the price in my original posting. It is $850 with US shipping for the CURTA and all the literature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: