The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Curta Display Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daggtex

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Curta Display Error Reply with quote

I just got my first Curta (type II) for my birthday and it is perfect except for this odd display error: the largest display digit tends to turn with the smallest turn counter (they are of course right next to each other). I am pretty sure this is not supposed to happen, but I have no idea how to fix it. Although it causes no calculation errors (because the largest digit is never a problem), it does catch a little when I crank it, and I worry that continued use may be damaging to it. Any advice? And to be clear, it is only the largest digit display that is incorrect; the smallest turn counter is simply what it syncs up to. (I hope you will excuse my lack of terminology knowledge)
Daggtex

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so, apparently the catch that prevents people from cranking it counterclockwise is also malfunctioning, as my grandmother just jammed it...I would really like to not break this, so I'm thinking it may need repair. Is Jack still repairing?
dab658

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t know anything about Jack, but you can try the service operated by Romano. I am fully satisfied with it.
I know that the logistics is not simple and cheap - I think it's worth it.

I have no affiliation with Romano other than being a satisfied customer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: