The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Type 2 SN 523231 - SOLD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seadoo01

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Type 2 SN 523231 - SOLD Reply with quote

Have a Type 2 machine I would like to sell. Looks to be in very good shape condition wise and seems to work well also. Metal case does have wear, as shown.

Price wise I honestly have no idea...not looking for ebay price, would just like to get a honest/fair price for it. Is a asking price of 825, including shipping in the US a fair starting price or is that too high. Shipping outside US might be included also. Thanks

Last edited by seadoo01 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion the price quoted for the machine pictured is reasonable. The cosmetic wear on the canister is common to many, and the machine itself looks almost pristine, making me think it wasn't used much, like so many of those later type 2s that were overtaken by electronic calculators. Paint seems bright like it spent most of its time in its case, if you know what I mean.

Best of luck with the sale - I'd buy it myself if I didn't already have a couple of that model!

EDIT: Do us a favour and push the sliders up to the top though eh? No need to exercise those old springs by holding them between the detents, buyers like me like the snick-snick of them clicking into place so we know the crank will give us the right result and no jamming!
seadoo01

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info.

Sliders are back in the up position, I had moved them when taking the pictures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: