The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Value Trends

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davhamm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Value Trends Reply with quote

Hello, was introduced to Curta's several years ago and now maybe able to afford one.

Looking around I see them for sale from about $800 o $1500plus.

Wondering what makes one more valuable than another, (Other than condintion and cosmetics) also has anyone been tracking curta prices over time, Seem like they are holding steady, not much rise but not really falling (yeah so your losing to inflation but who cares, not like these are investments). But I'll admit I have not tracked them or watched closely.

Any help on explaining pricing and helping me pay a fair price and not get ripped would be appreciated.
Chris in Japan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Price trend Reply with quote

http://francis-teyssier.com/curta.php
davhamm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Price trend Reply with quote

Chris in Japan wrote:
http://francis-teyssier.com/curta.php

Oh man this is awesome, looks like its all ebay transactions of actual sold items.

time to move that to excel and start some graphing.

One part done, probably can find the other part buried in the data, but is there anything that makes certain ones more or less valuable?
murff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to find out your own price scale.

As wrote on other threads the eBay prices are not the whole reference for actual Curta prices.

Top prices are OK for perfect early Curtas Type I (with pin sliders) or early Type II. Then some rare variations of the normal production scheme - like the triple red slider grey body Curta (Type II) or the 1957 Curta Type I with the unusual base plate style II (straight not curved font). And of course all genuine Contina demo models and prototypes...
davhamm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow cool info already
Type 1
Avg $926.37
Min $160.20
Max $7950
Median $826.49

Type 2
Avg $922.43
Min $202.50
Max $4156
Median $849.83

At least look over all the data, seems Type 1 and Type 2 have similar pricing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: