The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

odd bottom engraving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stenella

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: odd bottom engraving Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Curta's just keep surprising me - there is this one Type I on auction right now which has a bottom plate which I've never seen before on a type I, it looks distinctly like what you would find on a Type II instead.
The auction number (you know what site) is 180325378916
Anyone ever see one like this ? Between what serial numbers did they use this bottom plate ?

Cris
Jack

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Type I bottom nameplate on s/n 40366 Reply with quote

Interesting....

I see that serial number 39611, also being sold at this time, has a similar style nameplate. But on #39611 the nameplate has, "TYPE ", not "TYPE I", engraved...the "I" is missing. (As far as I know the Type I nameplates of the time these two machines were made always had the Type designation printed, not engraved, as it is on these two examples.)

This does look more like the Type II nameplate. Perhaps a repair might have been done to replace a damaged Type I nameplate using a "blank" Type II nameplate that was "turned down" and then engraved with the serial number inside the machine. The factory did odd repairs and odd construction once in a while.
Hawthorn Woods, ILLINOIS 60047
USA
847-550-5052 (evenings)
curta.info@gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: