The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Curta Type II grey body # 516169 for sale (sold 4/21/09)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Curta Type II grey body # 516169 for sale (sold 4/21/09) Reply with quote

I've been asked to sell a Curta Type II which I recently cleaned, adjusted, and lubricated. The owner decided to sell this wonderful example of a Type II after I finished the service work. The serial number is 516169. And for all those interested, this is a PRIME NUMBER!

This grey body style Curta is in "better than excellent" condition. The bottom of the Curta is perfect, and the clearing plate has virtually no surface wear from the clearing lever. Check out my rating system elsewhere on this site for the description of an Excellent rated Curta. http://curta.org/wiki/CurtaRating

This Curta has a metal clearing lever and the rare metal crank with fluorescent orange-red subtraction band. The very fine condition cannister is metal and contains the original bumper, foam pad, and white o-ring...all in excellent condition.

The asking price is $1200. Remember, this price includes all the service work which typically costs over $250. (On eBay, a Curta in this condition would be represented as mint and would likely sell for well over $1200...even without the cleaning service.)

The Curta is guaranteed to function as it did when delivered from the factory.

The "scratches" you see in the two picture below are not present at all. The photographs are slightly overexposed and the lighting I use highlights even minor surface irregularities.

If you'd like to see more photos, I can email them directly to you.
Hawthorn Woods, ILLINOIS 60047
USA
847-550-5052 (evenings)
curta.info@gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: