The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CASE CLOSED. WANTED : MY CURTAS. I WANT THEM BACK JACK.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vincent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: CASE CLOSED. WANTED : MY CURTAS. I WANT THEM BACK JACK. Reply with quote

Curta type I SN #2938 - RECEIVED 10/11
Curta type II SN #501732 - RECEIVED 10/28
Curta type II SN #502561 - RECEIVED 10/11
Curta type II SN #503487 - RECEIVED 10/28

Sent these for repair to Jack Christensen on March 1st.
Work completed in August, payment made on August 26th.
it's now October 1st, I think I deserve to get them back.

Thanks.

Last edited by Vincent on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Vincent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: 1 FULL WEEK LATER : NO DEVELOPMENT Reply with quote

After numerous emails and a voicemail left to Mr. Christensen, I still have not received any information as to what happened to the four Curta I sent for repair, even thought my check was cashed almost two months ago now.

I will continue seeking a settlement in this matter.

Many thanks to those who have shown support.

Vincent
Vincent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: 2 Curtas received Reply with quote

as an update to those who have been following this, I have received two of my four Curtas including the oldest one #2938.

Regards
Vincent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: CASE FINALLY CLOSED. Reply with quote

It certainly took much longer than what I was initially told, but I finally recovered my four Curtas. I learned a very valuable lesson in this ordeal. Never completely entrust someone with valuable belongings if you are not ready to risk losing them. I was not, but I chose nonetheless to ignore common sense and sent 4 Curtas at once. I also chose to believe what I was told about actual service delays. That was back in March. Then in August I again chose to believe that work was actually completed as I was told. I sent a single payment to cover for all that work. Suddenly replies to my emails began to be fewer and farther apart. Then they stopped coming in altogether for three weeks. That's when doubt settled in. Finally you might say. When I received my first two Curtas two weeks ago I noticed they had been sent a full month after my check had been cashed. The two last ones were sent even later.

I thought it was necessary to share my thoughts with this board's members as you are all to some degree serious collectors. You might be considering having your Curtas serviced one day or another. When you do, do consider what is at stake. And remember that even in the very limited field of Curta repairs, there are other options than the obvious one.

Don't ask me to comment on the actual service that was provided because I won't.

Again, thanks to all those who have shown support or inquired about this. It felt good to know that so many Curta collectors shared my disbelief.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: