The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Curta type II servicing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ianstones

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Curta type II servicing Reply with quote

Is there anyone in the UK who services Curta's. I have carry problem on mine on the fourth digit.
Thanks
Ian
naypalm

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also wondering if there's documentation on lubricating and cleaning a Curta. Is Jack still cleaning/lubing Curtas?
DarthCurta

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in "cleaning documentation", too. It doesn't appear that mine needs a lube, luckily. Everything seems to work fine with not much resistance. But even though it's generally clean on the surfaces, I was curious how to properly clean inside all the number slots & crevices to keep it free of dust, etc. Cotton swab or small cloth? Water, oil, alcohol, or something else? I wouldn't want to damage anything.
Pete

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.vcalc.net/disassy/ Best of luck to you...

And I'm not sure Jack's still in business. Over the last couple of years he's been busy with other things and I wouldn't expect a quick turnaround. There's a guy in Italy I believe.
naypalm

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link Pete! Not sure if I'm brave enough yet, but it may come in handy Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: