The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

curta book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kakashi

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: curta book Reply with quote

Hello,

My Dad passed away in January and I've been going through boxes of stuff he's stashed away over his life. I found his Curta Type 2 SN 514148 (early June 1960) in the original case with both bumpers in place. Mum said she's seen the instruction book so we have everything but the original box.

I believe the shop dad bought the Curta from was London Office Machines Ltd. as I found a book called "Curta Calculation Techniques" produced by London Office Machines Ltd.

I've not seen anything so far about this book so I was wondering if anyone here has heard of it or knows anything about it?

I will be putting the type 2 and this book up for sale to help pay for a conversion to hand controls for mum's car. I'd like to offer this group first dibs before putting it on ebay.
murff

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi kakashi

here is the named book:

CURTA - Calculation Techniques by London Office Machines... I think it's a more rarer book.
Here is also a download of the book.

And...your Curta Type II 514148 is from March 1960.
kakashi

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murff,

Thank you for your reply. That is indeed the book I have sitting here.

I thought I worked out the date correctly (perhaps I should have used the curta).

Dad's Curta has his name engraved on the top, does this detract from the value at all?
murff

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... it depends of the name Very Happy

No, seriously - it's the overall state of your Curta - post or send some pictures and I will name a you price. Also a precise description of the function will help ( in the range from "silk smooth" to "not working")
kakashi

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take some photos of everything and post them later on.

As far as the action goes, I would describe it smooth and the overall condition is "as new".

Dad bought it and then I think decided it was too much messing around to use. So it's been in it's case for 53years and 10 months.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: