The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Curta Type II evolution?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Curta Type II evolution? Reply with quote

Hello.
I'm a new and very proud Curta owner (#540782) and am interested in the development of the machine. I can't find anything on the net about when the different styles of container were introduced, which type 2's have black bodies, and so on. Can anyone help, please?
Jim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Curta evolution Reply with quote

OK, sorry, I'm feeling pretty stupid now. I've just read the Curta Models section on this site, and it covers most of my questions. Any additional info would be welcome, though.
Jack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an incomplete genesis of the Type II. There are additional variations, but for now...

Black, metal crank, metal clearing lever, circular nameplate writing, early internals, small carriage digits
Black, metal crank, metal clearing lever, horizontal nameplate writing from now on
Black, metal crank, metal clearing lever, finalized internals
Grey, metal crank, metal clearing lever
Grey, metal crank, metal clearing lever, larger carriage digits from now on, outer clearing plate edge is shaved so top of larger digits can be seen. Cut edge of clearing plate is bare aluminum.
Grey, metal crank with fluorescent orange subtraction indicator, metal clearing lever, shaved clearing plate still reveals bare aluminum
Grey, metal crank with fluorescent orange subtraction indicator, metal clearing lever, shaved clearing plate edge anodized from now on
Grey, metal crank, metal clearing lever with red painted subtraction band
Grey, plastic crank with red reversing indicator and a chrome ring, metal clearing lever
Grey, plastic crank with red subtraction indicator, metal clearing lever
Grey, plastic crank with red subtraction indicator, plastic clearing lever
Hawthorn Woods, ILLINOIS 60047
USA
847-550-5052 (evenings)
curta.info@gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: