The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Appraisal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeoCurta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:41 am    Post subject: Appraisal Reply with quote

Just curious George, I have a brand new Curta with all original packaging. Built by Contina AG Mauren Serial # 53995. What would be the appraised value????

Thanks

What would be the Value???
davhamm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Appraisal Reply with quote

GeoCurta wrote:
Just curious George, I have a brand new Curta with all original packaging. Built by Contina AG Mauren Serial # 53995. What would be the appraised value????

Thanks

What do you mean by appraised value? If you looking for an Insurance value, that is one type of appraisal, if your looking for a selling price that is an entirely different thing.

Generally an Insurance appraisal will be much higher. As it is a more time sensitive purchase, Think of it as how much would I have to spend to get a replacement tomorrow, You will more likely have to pay someone a higher value to separate them from their item.

Now how much is something worth today or how much can you sell it for, is much more a matter of timing, (how fast you want the money) and how badly someone out there wants what you have. A good example, look at ebay, there is a seller from France asking a VERY top dollar, His auctions are there all the time and rarely sell. He appears to be in no hurry but if someone needs one today, that is the price they will have to pay (Probably a good value for an insurance appraisal but maybe still low). Now go and look at sold auctions and you will see far lower value which probably better reflects a Market rate Appraisal.

The other factor is Location. As that will impact value also.

I think Pete has some good comments in this thread http://curta.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=332
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: