The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My 'Curta' Wristwatch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2010*smiths

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:48 am    Post subject: My 'Curta' Wristwatch Reply with quote

Firstly, a quick introduction. My name is Matthew, I am British and currently live in Colombia with my family. I have had an interest in vintage mechanical calculators ever since my father gave me an old ADM-Schubert pin wheel calculator sometime in the mid-1980's.

Since then, I have gradually built up a modest collection, including five Curtas, representing some of the main variations in production models. They are all in good working order, and were built to last so the 1968 Type I stays in my office where it still sees regular use. Here are the older four:

One of my other main interests is wristwatches. I thought that it would be fun to try to create a personal 'homage' watch loosely based on the Curta. I have documented the process on the TZ-UK watch forum, so rather than reproduce it here in full, this is the link:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?355407-The-Curta-Amphibia

Here is a photograph of the finished article:

I hope this is of some interest here, and forgive me if I have posted in the wrong place. Thanks for your time.

Matthew
murff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool... and very inspiring!

[ a quick Monday morning design study... ]

Last edited by murff on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
2010*smiths

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'm very pleased with the way that it came out, and the positive reaction that it has received. Your design looks rather good and has got me wondering whether I can get the case and bezel of mine a black PVD coating...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: