The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

setting knob tight - can it be fixed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: setting knob tight - can it be fixed? Reply with quote

Hi Curta folks!

I am a new proud owner of Type I 15255. ButI have a slight problem....

The main housing seems a bit tight on the left-most input slider (what do you call them?) - the 8th one. If I loosen the base plate a little (i.e. loosen the two base plate screws) then it allows the 8th input slider to move freely; if I keep it tightened then the slider seems to get stuck in the slot in the main housing which seems to be a fraction too narrow. Does this make sense?

Does this sound like something anyone has seen before? Might it be possible the main housing is too tight, or am I imagining this? Has anyone got any ideas for how to fix it? (at the moment I am just keeping the main housing a little loose).

Hoping you can help!

Ricky.
murff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ricky

Please ensure that the base plate is freely rotating. So it will be possible to adjust the two screws in a right angel (this means the two screw holes and the holes in the base plate are fitting) - and there will be no force to the left or right side of the housing... the setting knobs will move freely, again!
ricky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

murff wrote:
Hi Ricky

Please ensure that the base plate is freely rotating. So it will be possible to adjust the two screws in a right angel (this means the two screw holes and the holes in the base plate are fitting) - and there will be no force to the left or right side of the housing... the setting knobs will move freely, again!

Thank you. I have tried to do this, but however I tighten the screws it puts pressure on the selectors again. I wonder if they have been cross-threaded at some point...(?) I'll keep trying. Your idea is a good one.
stenella

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ot sure you understood correctly what murff was writing, ricky. There is no physical connection between the base plate with the screws and the housing of the machine - if you can adjust it not to rub with the screws loose, then you can adjust it not to rub with the screws tight.
Just unde the screws, take the whole lower shroud off, and push the baseplate out from the top. It simply comes off. Good luck!

Cris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: