The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New type 1 and its missing screw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LauHat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: New type 1 and its missing screw Reply with quote

Hi!
Just found this beauty of a model 1 curta from second hand store for a relatively cheap price and of course bought it. It seems to be missing a screw from the bottom part. After a little googling (might be that I'm just blind) it seemed that there isn't even a screw hole there for some models. What's the point of the screw and should I be worried/try to find a replacement?

Another question I have is about the grading of my newfound friend. Considered by some internet chart I rated it somewhere in the hoods of "fine". How far off am I?. Mechanics work normally (to my understanding) even though some of the sliders feel a bit "mushy" on some values.

https://imgur.com/a/mxelW

I am new to this world of mechnical marels so be merciful Wink
murff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shown screw hole is not standard - the normal Curta Type I has no hole at this place... Maybe from a mounting in a ralley car.

To rate your Curta I would say: "good used state" and unfortunaly with one screw hole too much ... so reduced in collectors value.

Greetings to Kuopio ...I was there some decades ago... Very Happy
LauHat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit😬I really cannot complain for the price but still pity because it is in quite good condition otherwise. Anyways I'm not gonna sell it at least for a while because it's marvellous machine which I have dreamed of for a while. Still on some occasion I might have to because studying is expensive☹️

Why would you ever come to Kuopio? Greetings though😅
murff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no tragedy !

PM ... if interested Very Happy

Quote:
Why would you ever come to Kuopio?

... to visit the Kuopio Puijo tower - and enjoy the lake scape

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: