The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10th anniversary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
murff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: 10th anniversary Reply with quote

10th anniversary

These days I'm celebrating ten years of collecting and researching all about the Curta, Contina AG and Curt Herzstark.

In the beginning together with my first Curta Type 2 I immediately registered the domain name curta.li - not knowing that this will be such a large web project.
Then the first Type 1 Curta arrived, also the first instruction manuals and other related papers. I began to take different pictures of my first Curtas to show the beauty of engineering and design - after some weeks I had enough content for going public with my site curtal.li.

A first unexpected highlight was the American Box - the famous green demo box. Much more highlights followed during these past years - and I learned to maintain and repair a Curta. A first small step was to open the bottom and carefully cleaning the inside - then a big step was to open a Curta from top (you need a fitting circlip pliers for this...) and getting deeper in repairing and lubricating.

I also learned how the commercial side works - buying and selling Curtas is not only defined by eBay.

Important was also the first-time publication of the serial numbers & production quantity - resulting in some more precise estimations of the production date. Also, the service manuals were an important addition on my web site.

This journey was exciting, and I learned a lot of different new things - and it will be continued!

I like to say thanks to a lot of people (and institutions) who supported my passion and research!

Some mentioned themes:

- The American Box
- Curta Type 1 & 2 - calculate the date of production
- Die Zehntausendste
- Service Manual
- Ur-Curta

Last edited by murff on Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
stenella

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A somewhat belated congratulations, murff - and thank you for all you have done for this peculiar hobby!

Cris
murff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...

Let's start the next decade of Curta research !
Pete

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Murff", you are undoubtedly the most active and knowledgeable (and possibly multilingual!) poster on this forum and I wholeheartedly thank you for your efforts. All the best!
murff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the flowers!

[ . . . ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: