The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our history about Curta calculator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edefez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject: Our history about Curta calculator Reply with quote

I work as an university professor of mathematics and due to the confinement of Covid 19 I was attracted to the subject of old calculating machines, of which I have been able to make a small collection. I managed to buy a type I curta for a good price, and my daughter Elena and myself found it so incredible and fascinating that we could not but buy another type I and two other type II, one just from the year I was born, 1968. Precisely with the last type II (SN 519818) that we bought on eBay, the seller assured us that it worked correctly, "Très bon état" it said, but it was not, the machine did not operate correctly. Looking on the internet we found "Curta Service Italy" and contacted by email with Mr. D. Romano Manaresi in Italy, who cleaned the machine and was able to fix it with his great skills, so that the machine works wonderfully (Thank you very much D. Romano !! We recommend very much his services!!) Also, through Mr. Romano we were able to get a leather case for it (they sold it to us without packaging). I am looking for an original metal case, although I think my daughter has loved the leather one so much that it is her favorite. I do not rule out, if circumstances allow it, to expand my small collection, because I consider it a wonder that machines with about 60 years work so well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Services All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: