The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index The Curta.org Bulletin Board
Welcome to the Curta.org Information Exchange Forum for the Curta Enthusiast Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shipping to Romano Manaresi in Itally from US

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpechner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:47 am    Post subject: Shipping to Romano Manaresi in Itally from US Reply with quote

After sitting on a curta in need of repair for a few years I finally received feedback on my question on how to fill out the customs form.

The shipper will do it.

Declare it's value to be 60-100 euros. Even. for a repair, customs fees are charged.

Happily soon there will be another working curta II in the world.
Serial 557825
answerguru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm considering the same shipping process soon, just waiting on the email from Italy.

Did you ship via UPS or...?

If you declare the value at say 100 Euros, can you have insurance for the full amount just in case it's lost or damaged?

Thanks!
mpechner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:00 pm    Post subject: Cost of shipping. Reply with quote

I paid UPS store, no matter what, shipping is expensive, $150 to $200. They will figure out the import form for for you. Which is what held me back.

Italy you pay duties on the declared value. So if declare the full amount, you'll be paying the import duty. Which is why romano has you just declare the value at $50-$60. But yes, something happens, you only collect the small amount.

Using this page https://www.simplyduty.com/import-calculator/
$50 is a import charge of $57
$1000, $230

So your choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Curta.org Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Questions and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: