I found the following:
- Machine ready!
- Calculate the square of the number.
- Don't zero.
- Add and subtract (with appropriate shifts of carriage) until the square number appears in White dial.
- The cube it's the value on Black dial.
- Set register: Put 175 into Setting Register;
- Calculate the square (value on Black dial will be 30625);
- Now, without zeroing, add and subtract (with appropriate shift of carriage) until the value 30625 (the square of 175) appears on the White Dial;
- Read the cube value of 175 (5359375) on the Result Register (Black Dial)
Edit Text of this page
(last edited December 7, 2004 by ppp-07-016.001.starnetwx.net)
Find Page by browsing or searching
Brought to you by Curta.org